Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Full of Firsts




This first post has been a long time coming. I first created this blog weeks ago after thinking about it for months. Once I had the blog up and running, I felt the pressure to come up with an awesome first post. But, I couldn't come up with the "perfect" outfit to debut the blog. This isn't the perfect outfit either, but it's a first for me so I thought it was an appropriate first post for this new blog.

I've seen several swing dresses around recently and they peaked my interest. While they're not my typical style - I normally gravitate towards dresses with defined waists - I just couldn't pass this one up without giving it a shot first. For starters, it comes in tall!! Second, I snapped it up during Loft's 50% off almost everything sale, so at $40 I figured it was worth a try. I've tried several of Loft's tall dresses and oftentimes they're still too short for me to wear to the office.

I'm SO glad I decided to give it a try. It is just long enough for me to wear to work (the tall is longer on me than pictured above)! It's super soft, almost a combination of terry cloth and sweatshirt material. The fabric is weighty enough that it keeps its shape and drapes away from your body. And, most importantly, it's super comfortable. It's going to be like wearing pajamas to work. . . tomorrow. I just can't let this sit in the closet for too long.

I'm an attorney by day (and sometimes nights and weekends), so I hope to use this blog as an inspiration for fun work-appropriate attire. I find it really easy to get lazy with my Monday through Friday wardrobe, relying exclusively on a black, grey, or navy dress and blazer or cardigan. Don't get me wrong, I love a great black work dress (and I plan to post about my "power" black dress in the near future), but it's nice to add some color to my week.   This pastel peach is an easy way to add color, even in a conservative office.



I've paired it with my go to JCrew Factory cardigan, which I own in several colors and find a workday staple (for pairing with dresses, I find it a bit too short for pants). If a cardigan is too casual for your office, swap the cardigan for a blazer. This dress is certainly more casual than most of my professional clothes which are mostly JCrew suiting dresses, but I think the pearls and wedges help dress it up a bit. I'm also excited to wear it on the weekend.

Dress: here | Cardigan: here | Pearls: here | Wedges: old (and dirty), but similar here, here, and here

I will return with real life outfit inspiration soon. Thanks for starting this adventure with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment