Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Ruffled Perfection





 


I've been searching for a colored suiting dress that wasn't too bright. For some reason, wearing a solid color dress is most of the time out of my comfort zone. Color prints, on the other hand, are an easy go to for me. I know, it makes no sense. 

 I have a purple Tahari suiting dress I picked up from TJ Maxx or Marshalls a while back that's the exception to the rule. Ever since then, I've been trying to find another color that I love just as much. I've tried several with no success. And then, this  aqua,* ruffled goodness showed up and it hit me: jeweled tones are the solution. They provide me with color without being too bright, cross seasons well, and look great paired with navy, grey, or black blazers (I find the mint, and dark reds/oranges too bold and blunt when paired with grey and black blazers or cardigans). The ruffles are only a bonus. When paired with a cardigan, it's possible to leave the ruffles exposed, but if you prefer to go ruffle-less, a blazer covers them completely. 

This dress does not come in tall like many of JCrew's suiting dresses, but when the details listed the shoulder to hem length as 40 inches for a size six, I knew it was a contender. At 5'10'' I require at least a 38 3/4in. shoulder to hemline based on a size six, preferably 39 inches. As you can see, it's the perfect length, so it's a keeper. 

I wear these leopard wedges at least once a week. I'd wear them more often, but I feel like it's probably a good idea to switch up your footwear. So I talk myself out of wearing them at least once a week. I also own leopard print flats and sneakers, because I require a lot of leopard print in my life. I find leopard to be a great way to infuse some print and fun into my work wardrobe. Plus, it's considered a neutral, so it goes with everything. I do mean everything (stripes, polka dots, etc.). 

Because I don't already own enough leopard, I'm on the hunt for a leopard skinny belt to pair with this and other dresses.


Dress: here | Wedges: old, similar here, here | Necklace: here

*I think the below photo better captures the color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment