Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Midi is for Me









I wear dresses probably four out of five days of the work week. They're comfortable, professional, and most importantly, easy to throw on in the morning when I'm running late. But, the explosion of cute elastic waistband skirts got my attention. As an added bonus, this one has pockets! It has been on regular rotation since I bought it earlier this spring.

As you can see, the skirt falls to my knee. It's a midi skirt, but I don't love midi skirts on me because of my itsy bitsy calves so I had it hemmed. Although the midi skirt isn't for me, I'm welcoming the trend with open arms because it means more skirts to choose from that are long enough. I have no problem tailoring an item to make it work. I'm just not used to hemming a garment to make it short enough, normally I resort to letting the hemline out to gain a couple extra inches. This problem is a pleasant surprise!

A few sizes are still available in this exact version, but JCrew just released a very, very similar version of the skirt. So, it's not too late to jump on the bandwagon.

I'm a fan of these off-red colors and I love this shirt because of the color.  But, buyer be warned, it wrinkles. A lot. For that reason, I probably wouldn't recommend it. A great alternative is linked below.

Let's talk about this blazer. If you read this blog for any length of time, you'll see it quite a bit. It's a workhorse. I picked it up in navy and black from Target. They're $34.99 full price and you can catch them on sale occasionally. But, it's worth full price. They're a great length for skirts and dresses and I love cuffing my blazers (they tend to get in my way while working at the computer), so I love the super cute lining (pinstripe).

You might also realize that I wear these pearls with everything. I can't help myself. I'm from North Carolina where pearls are always appropriate. But, I realize my accessories game needs some help. I'm working on it. 

Skirt: here, solid colors here, new similar version here | Shirt: here (I did purchase in Tall for added length when wearing with pants), but I'm in love with this one (I have it in white and it get's a lot of wear, doesn't wrinkle, and washes really well) | Blazer: here | Necklace: here Shoes: old, similar here, here

No comments:

Post a Comment