Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

Mixed Feelings





I have to say, my hair in the above picture made me laugh out loud, so I thought I'd share it with you. I figured you could use a good laugh on a Monday morning. Bloopers happen. And I like to keep things real, so there you have it! The windblown look is not my thing. #shorthair



I have mixed feelings about fall. I've said it before. So please excuse me while I say it again: I love fall, but I hate that it brings winter. 

When dressing for fall, I tend to wear my mixed emotions. Sometimes I can't help but pull on the layers and jewel toned colors. Other days, I'm holding onto summer with everything I've got. This outfit reflects my attempt to hold onto summer. Who says you can't wear bright colors in cooler temperatures?

I love that it allows me to bring color to dreary or cool days. It reminds me of summer. But, it's very practical for fall (and yes, winter) because of its thicker fabric. It's a Target blazer, and every year they seem to offer different colors and patterns, so it's definitely something to keep your eye out for. It's not the cotton twill I've worn a few times before, it's more of a wool fabric. See it in camel here.

I love peplum. Well, that might be an understatement. I'm kind of obsessed with it. I would own more. A lot more. But for some reason, finding peplum is hard, really hard when you're tall. I don't know what the peplum fashion gods have against tall people. So, when I found this peplum in Tall from The Limited, I had to get it. I find that it runs a little big, so I took my smaller size. It's still available in black (linked below) and it's on sale. Pictures of the back are compliments of my husband, he really appreciated the varying fabrics (suiting-like material for font and peplum with a knit back).

Blazer: old, similar here, here, and here | Shirt: here | Pants: here | Necklace: old, similar here and here | Shoes: old, similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment