Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Lace Pants





These pants aren't something I'd normally wear; they're a little out of my comfort zone. I'm not one to get dressed up without a special occasion and then I typically reach for a dress. I loved the idea of them, but I wasn't sure how to style them or where to wear them. Bottom line, they didn't seem that practical and I love practical easy to style and wear clothes.

But a good friend convinced me to give them a try and I failed to pull the trigger before they sold out. I regretted not giving them a try so when they were restocked, I didn't give it a second thought. I'm so glad I bought them! They aren't as decidedly dressy as I thought. I've tried them on with a chambray button down, this striped top, and I'm on the hunt for the perfect chunky sweater to pair with them. They make for a great outfit for date night, brunch with girlfriends, or for upcoming holiday dinners with family. The elastic waistband will certainly come in handy when I eat more than I should! Plus, pockets are always an added bonus in my opinion!

So, here's to pushing our comfort zones in the New Year! 

Pants: here | Top: here | Necklace: old, similar here | Shoes: old, similar here

2 comments:

  1. These pants are all kinds of fantastic! I was eyeing them on the J.Crew site the other day and may just have to buy them. How do you like the elastic waist? Does it look OK when tucking in a shirt or it is best to wear shirts untucked with these pants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so! The waistband is covered in lace as well and does not scream elastic waistband in my mind. I've paired it with a chambray top tucked in and like it. I would recommend the tall - I wish that I could have gotten in them in tall but because they run big I sized out of the tall. They're a little short on me (even given my love of crop pants).

      Delete