Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Summer Staple

We attended our third and final wedding for the season this past weekend. Fortunately, we have some time to recover before two more in October. I love weddings, but I have to admit I'm a little exhausted from all the traveling that comes with them. We're looking forward to a low key weekend at home for the Fourth!

I'd been eyeing this shirt for at least a year. I almost bought it last summer, but didn't and regretted it ever since. This year, it took me three tries to find the perfect fit (I should have stuck with my usual JCrew size to begin with), but it's been so worth the trouble! I wear it almost weekly because I can dress it up for office or pair it with shorts or skinny jeans (I even love it paired with my white denim!) on the weekends. I wore it this weekend to travel in and thew on a green cargo jacket when I (inevitably) got cold in the airport on on the plane.  

Here, I decided to pair it with my striped skirt (last seen here). It is advertised as more of a tunic so I thought I could get away with a regular, but turns out the proportions and length worked much better in my usual tall size (I even played with going up a size in the regular).

 
  

Shirt: here, also available in navy, white, and olive | Skirt: old, similar here | Shoes: old, similar here 
| Necklace: here

No comments:

Post a Comment