Pages

Monday, May 8, 2017

Mint Blazer + Middleburg






I said I was going to get back to blogging more regularly and here I am! We spent the weekend in Middleburg, VA celebrating our second wedding anniversary. The weather didn't really cooperate with us, but we enjoyed a weekend away!

Middleburg is about an hour outside of DC and we stayed at the Salamander Resort and Spa. We went for the resort, not the town, but enjoyed walking into town to eat and stroll around. We arrived on Saturday in the cold and rain and immediately headed off for our zip lining tour on the resort's property. It was a lot of fun, despite the weather. We went zip lining in Costa Rica while on our honeymoon which definitely offered a prettier backdrop, but because we learned a little technique here, I actually went faster on the lines. 

It warmed up (and stopped raining) on Sunday so we ventured outside a little more and headed to one of the local wineries, Greenhill. It's a beautiful property with good wines and live music. I wore this outfit to the winery and then out to dinner. We took these pictures on the terrace of our hotel room. The resort property is gorgeous and would have been a  LOT more fun if we could have enjoyed our time outside a little bit more because there are hiking trails, outside campfires, and an outside chess set.

  

Middleburg is the definition of a quaint town. Pretty much every building is picture worthy. We ate dinner here, the Red Fox Inn & Tavern.

As part of my commitment to blog more, you're probably going to see a lot of pieces that are older and no longer available. I was previously under the impression that I had to blog currently available outfits. But, I think that's a little unfair. I actually appreciate seeing how people continue to wear and re-wear items in their closet because I don't think most of us buy a ton of new clothes regularly.

This blazer is just over a year old. I bought in San Diego last March when I was there for a three week(!) work trip and didn't pack enough light jackets. I picked it up from Banana Republic in a petite size. It was characterized as a "boyfriend" blazer, but the petite sizing made it more fitted on me. The top is also from last year (J. Crew), but the jeans are new. I've always only had one pair of white jeans per season. For whatever reason, I thought that fulfilled my need for white jeans. Nevermind I always like 2-3 of dark denim on hand at all times. But, I found that because I spill (or sit in or brush up against) something every. time. I wear my white jeans, they spend a lot of time in the hamper or washing machine so that I end up wishing I had another pair so I could wear them more frequently. Of course the search for another pair was not easy, but I decided on these. They are JCrew's slim, broken-in boyfriend jeans.

My other white pair is also by JCrew (toothpick). The boyfriend jeans are a little thicker, less stretchy, and of course, looser fitting (I bought the same size in both). I still really like and wear both (in fact, I've worn both pairs of jeans with this jacket and top combo). 

Blazer: old (JCrew has fun colors here, similar color here) | Top: old | Jeans | Necklace: old, similar here | Shoes: old (let me know if you have any leopard flat recommendations, these need to be replaced ASAP).

No comments:

Post a Comment