Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekend Roundup



I spent the weekend in Raleigh catching up with friends I haven't seen since I moved to DC in May. I had an absolute blast, but didn't have nearly enough time to see everyone and do everything! 

Also, I failed to take pictures all weekend. Whoops. But, I certainly ate my way through Raleigh. I ate breakfast at First Watch on Saturday and Sunday. I'm always a sucker for the traditional breakfast - can't go wrong with scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns. I highly recommend it if you're in the Raleigh area looking for a great breakfast or brunch spot. I also stumbled upon my new favorite coffee shop when I'm home - Jubula Coffee

I'm a huge fan of tapas, but I never thought much of the Triangle's tapas scene. That's probably because I never tried Mateo before. I'm gluten free and dairy free due to gastroparesis, but I still had a lot of options so I ended up ordering the BBQ, ribs, and patatas bravas. Oh, my friend got chicken croquettes that she said were delicious (but I had to pass on) and the best tasting brussel sprouts I've ever had! Note, I expect and can tolerate a certain level of cross contamination, so I can't say if it's a great option for those who are Celiac or hyper sensitive. 

I didn't leave quite enough room for dessert, but we headed to The Parlour for ice cream. I was in complete heaven - vegan chocolate and toasted coconut  "ice cream" in a gluten free and vegan ice cream cone. They also had vegan chocolate and whip cream as toppings.  I really wanted seconds but I just couldn't make any more room. I DID take a picture of the ice cream. Clearly, I have my priorities in line.

Here's to a four day work week with the chance of a snow day for those of us in DC. 





No comments:

Post a Comment