Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Suiting Dresses + Riding Boots

 



Temperatures dropped to the teens last week and when combined with the windchill it felt like negative three degrees. I had no idea how to dress for work. No idea. None. I stood in my closet for a while completely stumped. When I lived in North Carolina the temperature didn't matter that much. I got in my car and drove to my office where I parked in a parking deck and walked up two flights of stairs and into my office. 

Now, I ride the bus to work. So, I walk to the bus stop and wait for the bus which means I'm out in the cold for much longer than I'm used to. I'm also really cold natured and a baby when it comes to the weather. 

I also have really narrow calves which means finding knee-high booths is extremely difficult so I don't own any black dress or riding boots. So, out of desperation, I reached for my cognac riding boots and paired it with black tights, a suiting dress, and a waterfall cardigan. I came up with the combination out of necessity, but I've repeated it several times since because I really like it! This is my new cold weather uniform.

Dress: old, similar here | Cardigan: old, similar here | Boots: old, similar here for narrow calves

No comments:

Post a Comment