Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Blueberry





Winter isn't my season. I don't like cold weather and the late sunrise makes it really hard for me to get out of bed in the morning. My winter wardrobe doesn't help. I have the hardest time finding dress pants that fit. Banana Republic used to be my go to and I still have pants from there that are four and five years old that I wear weekly. But, the past couple of years have been a miss on the fit for me. My tries at Loft and JCrew have also been major fails and I haven't had the time to really scour the universe for work pants. 

All of that is to say I've been shopping my closet for things to wear - dresses mostly. That's when I rediscovered this dress. It's a couple of years old from JCrew. It's one of their collection dresses that I snagged on super sale. They brought it back since then (this year in tall as well) and it is currently on sale in extremely limited sizes. I failed to monitor it closely so I missed out on the talls, but it is definitely on my list of "must buys" if I catch it on sale again. 

I never wore it much because I always felt like a blueberry when I put it on. It's a thick wool dress definitely meant for the winter so I've always paired it with navy blue tights and usually grey or navy pumps which leaves me looking like a blueberry. Or a flight attendant. I'm not sure which. Either way, it's not the look I'm going for. Until I got on board with the riding boot and suiting dress band wagon out of necessity a couple of weeks back. Pairing the navy dress with navy tights offset with cognac riding boots did the trick. It's one of my favorite outfits now! I will say, I've been torn about the dress with grey tights. It's OK, but for some reason it just doesn't make the outfit like the navy tights and riding boots do for me.

Dress: here, similar here | Tights: here | Boots: old, similar here | Scarf: old, similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment