Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Gift Idea: Puffer Coat






 With my recent relocation to DC a warm all-weather winter coat was top on my wish list. I want to be prepared for Snowmaggedon 2016 should it hit.

I knew a puffer was the most logical option, but I've never really wanted one. But, leave it to JCrew to make a puffer coat that I almost have to have! For starters, their wintress puffer comes in tall. That alone probably would have sold me. I have such a hard time finding coats with sleeves that are long enough which is essential in my opinion for a coat to help keep my arms and wrists warm. The faux fur and gold hardware sealed the deal for me. The belt as an added bonus.

Reviews on this coat seem to be extremely mixed. Some find that it runs small, others are disappointed in the quality, while still others find it to be perfect. So, I wasn't sure what to expect. But, when it arrived, it exceeded my expectations. The sleeves are plenty long enough (dare I say bordering on too long, but they aren't), and it is a great length which adds even more warmth. I find the hood to fit me well and the faux fur is very well done (and I say that as someone who is not a fan of faux fur typically). 

As reviewers have commented, the pockets are "top down" instead of slanted on the side. I agree, side pockets are generally preferred. However, I think that's normally due to the fact that they're placed too high and lead to some awkward arm placement to even get my hands in the pockets. Because this comes in tall, the pockets are appropriately placed and I find it really easy to slide my hands into them. Plus, they're fleece lined so they keep my hands really toasty.

I've already gotten quite a lot of use out of this coat (I'm cold natured and walk the dog 3-4 times daily) and I've only had it a month - I received it as a birthday present from my mother-in-law in early November. It will be a staple this winter and for winters to come.

Coat: here
I'm wearing a Tall Small.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment