Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sweater Weather



Although we've been experiencing abnormally warm temps in DC lately, my office has remained chilly. So, I've been searching my closet for all of my warm sweaters. The changing seasons always gives me an opportunity to go shopping in my own closet, and I never fail to discover something that I'd forgotten about.

This is one of those items. I wore it last season and then shoved it to the back of my closet when warm weather showed up. Out of sight, out of mind. Then, when I was scrounging through my sweaters this week, I found it. It'd fallen to the shelf below and our [er, my husband's] cat apparently made it into a bed because when I took it out, it was covered in cat hair. I do mean covered. It took me four sheets with the lint roller and about fifteen minutes to get it looking presentable. But, it was worth the effort. It's my favorite color, I find the shape flattering, and the belt can be tied in the back or front depending on your preference.

This is another boiled wool sweater from Anthropologie, and although it's slightly itchier than my other one (here), it's very warm and can accommodate a long sleeve shirt underneath. I've also paired it with a suiting dress for the office or jeans for the weekend.

Sweater: old, options here, here, and here | Pants: here | Shirt: old, similar here | Shoes: old, similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment