Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Pattern Play







I originally bought this dress a couple of years ago for casual wear (it's a tall dress from Banana Republic). And it didn't cross my mind to wear it to work until recently. I've found that my shoes have the biggest influence on whether my outfit is business or casual. When paired with these leopard wedges, I find it to be work appropriate. The three-quarter length sleeves makes it a great dress to transition into fall and then also wear in the winter with tights. Or, a great dress to fight the freezing office temperatures.

Have you seen this article? Like we've all suspected, office temperatures are designed to accommodate men in suits. AND, as if we didn't already know, men have faster metabolisms. My husband is a bean pole, but eats no less than three cookies and a Klondike bar a day. I want his metabolism that way I can stay skinny and warm.

As much as I love summer, fall is coming whether we like it or not. I love to mix prints, but I find it kind of difficult to do so in the summer since I wear so many dresses. But, come fall, it's easy to add a patterned scarf or cardigan. One of my all time favorite pattern combinations is stripes and leopard. In the winter I'll add a polka dot scarf to this outfit.  If you're mixing and matching several prints, I recommend maintaining the same color scheme. Other prints that are great to mix and match: floral and stripes, windowpane or gingham and floral, and polka dots and stripes.

Dress: old, similar here | Shoes: old, similar here | Necklace: old, similar here and here



No comments:

Post a Comment