Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pearls, Bows, and Pumps




Fit and flare is everywhere these days, and I have to admit, I have mixed feelings about the style. On the one hand, it's fun, flirty, and forgiving. But, I definitely think it can look juvenile or simply overwhelm my frame. 

I purchased this dress last fall for my now-husband and I's November engagement photos. I styled it with black tights and flats. But, I've been wearing it to work this summer. I've been pairing it with heels an wedges to give me just a little more height so the flare is more proportionate to my frame. I also accessorize with pieces designed to draw your attention to a different focal point so the skirt isn't the entire focal point. 

These pearls, which you know by now I wear with everything, are great for drawing the attention up and away from all the flare. But really, I'm always looking for an excuse to wear these pearls. 

The belt is a great way to dress the outfit up, for an event or summer wedding, while also downplaying the pleats and flare.  I definitely need to incorporate it into more outfits.

I promise I'll start posting transitional and fall outfits soon, I'm just holding onto the last few weeks of summer!

Dress: old, similar here | Shoes: old, similar here | Necklace: here currently sold out, but will probably be re-stocked. Also available here. Belt: Old, similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment