Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Summer Tweed






Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We hosted our very first house guest as a married couple (my mom), and for some reason that makes me feel like a real adult. Now, on to today's outfit post!

I always thought tweed was a cool weather fabric, but in the right color it can be a perfect way to add some texture to your summer work wardrobe. Also, as we transition into fall, I think tweed is one way to do so while still staying cool. Because, if you live somewhere like DC, it is still very much summer and will be for quite some time! 

I will also say that tweed can read matronly. And, although I want to look professional, I don't want to frumpy. (Which I find easier said than done!) Keeping a flattering, more form fitting silhouette will help counteract that. Pairing tweed with a bold pattern, pop of color, or fun jewelery (or in this case, all three) helps keep the look fresh. 

 This dress in navy is sold out in tall, but it is still available in pink. It does run a little small, and I noticed that it shrunk a little after being dry cleaned, so if you're in between sizes, size up. I also recommend this dress; it does run large in tall, so you might be able to get away with a regular, or size down. If you're not on the tall side, this dress is just too much fun! Like, it kicks tweed's matronly tendencies in the butt. This dress will cross seasons well.

Blazer: here (I recommend removing the shoulder pads) | Necklace: available in Francesca's Stores | Shoes: old, similar here and here | Purse: gift, but on sale here


No comments:

Post a Comment