Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Coral + Leopard








I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! We beat the heat and caught our first movie in a really long time, Mission Impossible. It did not disappoint! We're hoping for some cooler weather sometime soon so we can go hiking. But, you won't hear me wishing summer away. I'll take the heat over cold weather any day! 
This week, I'll be showcasing my wardrobe staples: suiting dresses. They are the base of my work wear and I don't think it's possible to own too many! But, they can be a little boring. Which can be a good thing. It means they go well with blazers and cardigans and are appropriate for client meetings, the courtroom, and every day office attire.

This dress is one of my favorites, for several reasons. First, it has sleeves. The longer sleeves make it office appropriate without a blazer or cardigan. Which is nice, especially here in DC where it's been topping 95 degrees regularly. Second, it has a defined waist which I think is universally flattering, and lastly it has pockets. I also love the light grey color for summer because I think it pairs well with bright colors, but you'll also see me wear this dress in the winter with tights and a scarf.

Most days, I don't have to dress for court or client meetings. So, I like to add a little color or print or both to my work dresses. Here, I love mixing the coral and leopard print. If both are a bit too much for your workday, feel free to swap out the shoes for black or nude to tone down the look. While leopard is a neutral in the fashion world, the more senior partner may not think so.

If your office is a bit cooler and the elbow sleeves won't keep you warm enough during the day, pair it with a navy or black blazer. If you are looking to introduce even more interest, add a striped blazer like this one (I have one of Target's ponte blazers and they're amazingly comfortable, but I do recommend removing the shoulder pads).

Dress: old, but similar here, here and here | Shoes: old, but similar here | Necklace old, but similar here, and here| Purse: gift, but is now on sale here

No comments:

Post a Comment