Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Power Dress







Some days, I like to keep it simple. Black and white is always an easy way to look polished and simultaneously stylish.

This is my power dress. It's comfortable, professional, and makes me feel confident. Sometimes I worry that my love affair with clothes is materialistic and a waste of time and money. I feel a bit guilty. But, then I remember that when I love what I'm wearing I feel good about the way I look and about myself so I'm better able to conquer my day. I hate arriving at work wearing an outfit that I'm less than pleased with because it leaves me distracted. Even worse is when I realize something I'm wearing isn't comfortable or doesn't lay right so I end up fidgeting with my clothing all day.

I think we all deserve to feel great and look great and clothes are a big part of that. If I can't wear my yoga pants and a tank top to work, this dress is the next best thing. It's not unique, but it fits me well, is very comfortable, and is versatile year-round. It also allows me to make a statement with my shoes.

Dress: old, similar here, here, and here | Shoes: here | Necklace: old, similar here, and here

No comments:

Post a Comment