Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

If I'd Only Known



You've probably noticed, I have a thing for three-quarter length sleeves. They're perfect. Perfect for the office during summer when the air conditioning is blasting. Perfect for fall when you need just a little extra coverage.

I picked this dress up several years ago from JCrew Factory and I had no idea how fabulous it was until it was too late. It was available in this grey and a dark hunter green. I was in law school at the time and knew it'd be great for work, but wanted something that was versatile and wearable on a regular basis without anyone realizing I was wearing the same dress over. and. over. again. So, naturally I picked up the heather grey. And I'm so glad I did. Unfortunately, I didn't wear it right away so I didn't realize how perfect it was until it was no longer available. It was only after it was long gone did I really, really want the hunter green. And every time JCrew Factory releases new arrivals, I check for this dress. I haven't given up hope yet, but it doesn't look like it's coming back.

JCrew is offering a couple three-quarter length dresses and those are linked below. I promise, you won't regret this purchase. I sure haven't. 

I pair this dress with a statement necklace in the summer, a scarf in the fall, and tights in the winter. This scarf was an Old Navy find I stumbled on last year and I couldn't wait to  break it out again this year. 

Paired with these peep toe sling-back booties, it's a great transitional work that will keep you warm when the temperatures are cool in the morning, but it warms up by the afternoon only to cool down again. As a bonus, it allows me to match my toenail polish to my scarf!

Dress: old, similar here, here, and here | Shoes: old, similar here and here. | Scarf: old, similar here.

No comments:

Post a Comment