Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Color Blocking





DC welcomed fall this weekend and grey skies. I pulled out my jeans, striped three-quarter length shirt, and green cargo jacket. It's my fall weekend uniform.

I'm also re-acquainting myself with my fall wardrobe. I bought this dress on a whim last year on deep discount. Most of my JCrew suiting dresses are made of the Super 120s wool that is all-seasons appropriate. This dress is a heavy wool fabric, so it's strictly for the winter or so I thought. It is thick enough that it will work this fall without tights - making it that much more versatile. As if it weren't versatile enough since it incorporates black, navy, and grey. It's also flattering despite the horizontal stripes because it's structured enough that it doesn't cling.

These shoes. I'm not sure I can express to you my love for "marsala," the color of the year. It comes around every fall and I always manage I pick up at least something in the color, but this year it is everywhere and I'm scooping up as many items as possible. I've been waiting years for JCrew to offer their suiting dresses in a maroon and hunter green for the winter. My dreams came true this year (love this one and this one). I'm normally an 8 in pumps and wedges and took an 8 in these, but they do run a little small (but they have stretched while wearing and are very soft on the inside). I think they liven the dress up! I'm already counting the number of ways I can wear them.

Dress: Old, almost identical here from JCrew Factory; similar here and here; same pattern in skirt | Shoes: here | Short Necklace: here

No comments:

Post a Comment