Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Stripes on Stripes






I picked this sweater up last year from Target and I'm pretty sure it's paid for itself a couple of times over by now. I wear it to work with dress pants or on top of a suiting dress. And, if you follow me on Instagram [@prettytallthings], you saw me pair the same sweater and top with jeans and Sperry duck boots. It's pretty much like wearing a blanket to work which makes getting out of bead a little easier when the temperatures drop.

Waterfall cardigans are a big trend this year and Target brought back a similar version [see it here] of this sweater that I'm planning on picking up - I just need to decide on which color. Easier said than done.

When doubling up on stripes, I recommend pairing two stripes that share the same color combination and are in varying widths. Here, the cardigan features narrow stripes whereas the shirt has wider stripes.

I added colored pants in an effort to add a pop of color and because, as you know, I'm obsessed with maroon. Leopard wedges sealed the deal for me. 

Cardigan: old, similar here, here, and here | Shirt: old, similar here and here | Pants: here | Shoes: old, similar here | Necklace: old, similar here and here


No comments:

Post a Comment