Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

Vested Work Wear





I've been wanting to jump on the vest bandwagon for a couple years now, but I haven't been able to find a vest that fit well. I've been crossing my fingers that JCrew's quilted vest [here] would come in Tall this year, but unfortunately that didn't happen. The versions available are too short and too boxy. I even tried Old Navy's vest, which is available in Tall [here]. But, it too was too big and boxy (insert rant here about how everything in tall always runs bigger and they don't offer the smaller sizes available in regular). 

I rarely shop in store anymore, but I was returning something at my local JCrew when I stumbled on this vest. I'd seen it online, but it didn't appeal to me. I also wrote it off based on the measurements; I thought it'd be too short (details state it's only 24.5'' long which I don't think is accurate). But, when I was in store - the gold accents popped against the navy and I really loved the material which I think is best described as a cross between shearling and fleece. It does run big and they were out of my size in store so I ordered it online when I got home. I have to say, it was worth the wait and time spent searching! I never anticipated pairing it with my work wear. I assumed I'd pair it with jeans on casual Fridays and over the weekend. But, when I was brainstorming outfit ideas for these cool mornings and warm afternoons, this ensemble came to mind. And, I have to say, it turned out better than expected. Or, maybe it's just these shoes. They pretty much make every outfit. This outfit also makes me want a leopard print belt that will fit my natural waist.

Vest: here | Shirt: here | Skirt: old, similar here (though, I think this version will be short for taller women) | Shoes: here

No comments:

Post a Comment