Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Back to Basics





Some days, let's make that most days, I'm looking to throw something on and get out the door. I usually hit snooze a couple of times, the dog needs a walk and some morning loving, and my husband and I do a lot of chatting in the morning since our evenings are usually hectic with work schedules. That makes getting dressed pretty low on my priority list. 

This makes filling my closet with easy to wear clothes essential. But, then there are those days where not only am I rushed, I'm also completely uninspired. That's when I resort to my fail safe basics. Basics don't have to be boring, by the way. There's nothing fashion forward, new, or creative about this outfit. But, it does the trick while hiding the fact that my give a damn was busted.  (Or, at least I think so). Just because I don't care doesn't mean I want to look like I don't care. 

Here, I accomplished a simple outfit by taking basics with a twist. The silk blouse in a bright color paired with a statement pearl necklace and finished with leopard print wedges combine for a basic yet pulled together look.

Shirt: old, similar here and here | Pants: here | Necklace: here | Shoes: old, similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment