Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Flares



Flares are back. I wasn't sure how I felt about this initially. But, they made it on to my fall wish list seen here and I picked them up while on discount. 

I have to say, I'm really excited for the comeback. I forgot how awesome they are. Really, they're super practical, especially in the winter. I think they're perfect for thick socks coupled with booties or over riding boots.

When I dress myself on the weekends - which is rare - one of my favorite casual outfits is a sweatshirt blazer with a scarf. I wore this outfit on Sunday and it kept me fairly warm (we've had a really bad cold front recently). I do find myself gravitating towards more fitted and structured tops when wearing flares to balance out the flares. A blazer does the trick.

This scarf. I know - you've seen it everywhere. BUT, it is not a blanket scarf. That's another trend I haven't jumped on board with. They're just SOO big I feel like I'm drowning. But, I do really love this plaid pattern and color scheme. So I went searching for the same pattern in a non-blanket scarf version and found this one on Amazon. I decided to give it a shot - I wasn't sure if I'd be pleased with the quality or the material. But, it's perfect and very warm (without being itchy). 

Blazer: old, similar here | Jeans here | Shirt, old similar here | Scarf: here | Booties: here

No comments:

Post a Comment