Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Faux Leather + Pearls



Leather is a big trend this season, especially faux leather midi skirts. I'm loving this one, this one, and this dress.

I haven't fully embraced the faux leather trend. It's a little edgy for my general style, but I have to say I'm really tempted by those I linked above. 

I have, however, fully embraced tweed. This jacket let me subtly try the leather trend without going full force. Sometimes if I'm not sure about a trend, I like to get my feet wet by buying a cheaper version or incorporating it into something more "me" in small amounts. I think the tweed balances out the edgy-ness of the leather trim and if the tweed isn't sufficient to soften the leather, I added pearls for good measure. 

I wear this suiting dress year round (last seen here). These are standard black tights that I picked up from JCrew Factory last year. I have to size up because of my height, but I've learned that sizing up even more (I usually buy L or if available (L/XL)) gives me even more comfort and makes the tights more opaque. I also steer clear of control top tights to maximize comfort. This makes wearing dresses in the winter a very comfortable and practical option. Also, if I pair a black dress with a grey blazer I will add patterned tights to break up the monotony.

Blazer: old, similar here or here | Dress: old, similar here | Necklace: here | Shoes: here | Tights: here

No comments:

Post a Comment