Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Perfect Top




I'm pretty sure this shirt contains almost all of my favorite elements that could possibly be combined in a top. It's jacquard, which as you may already know, is a favorite of mine and when coupled with a peplum style and self-tie belt, I can't say no. The neckline is also about as flattering as they come in my opinion! Plus, the colors in this pattern make it a wardrobe staple all year long (a fit and flare skirt is also available in this pattern, in tall, here). I've already worn it twice in the two weeks I've had it because it's just so easy and comfortable. 

I will say, I've had a hard time deciding what to pair it with besides black. I'm looking to pick up a black cardigan with white stripes (as opposed to a primarily white cardigan with black stripes) to spice things up a bit. I also think it looks great as pictured on Banana's website with the heathered/speckled pants. But, unfortunately, I don't have any like them in my closet currently and I'm rarely tempted to buy dress pants (except in the fall when I'm not ready to admit its tights weather and I'm too cold natured for bare legs and then I don't buy the heaver material or wool versions). 

So, I've paired it with black dress pants and a pencil skirt. I don't think they do the top justice, but it's what I've got to work with and I do think the top makes a statement on its own.

Shirt: here | Skirt: here | Cardigan: here | Shoes: old, similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment