Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Layered Ruffles




I've been on the hunt for a layered top for the longest time now and I just couldn't find anything that I liked and fit well. I've also been on a "miss streak" at Anthropologie. I love finding unique dresses and sweaters from Anthro to compliment my pretty classic wardrobe. But, since they carry a variety of brands, I find the fit and quality to be hit and miss for me. 

When I stumbled on this sweater during the recent promotion, given its length (and color!), I figured it was worth a shot. I knew it was a keeper as soon as I got it on! I wore it to work the very next day only to spill my breakfast and lunch on the ruffles. I ended up with some sort of grease stain so I immediately made a trip to the cleaners. Lucky for me, the stain came out and I wore it again this weekend! It is such a great shirt that I was prepared to buy it again if it was permanently stained. It's going quick, so I recommend scooping it up!

My husband and I are both homebodies, but sometimes we find ourselves in a weekend rut. It's not uncommon that one of us has to work over the weekend and when you add in household chores and errands, we're inclined to lounge on the couch. This weekend we decided to make a concerted effort to enjoy some of what DC has to offer so we stopped by some of our favorite museums. It was a little chilly, but we enjoyed the afternoon walk around the city and being a tourist in our own city. 

As side note, I purchased this coat in February on sale from JCrew. I tried it on, fell in love with the long sleeves and length and then stuffed it in the closet for later use. When I pulled it out last week, I noticed the right pocket was sewn in upside down. I immediately called JCrew and they overnighted me a replacement coat! I've always had great customer service experiences with JCrew, but this is probably by far my best. The new coat (pictured) offers the same perfect fit and great, deep pockets. It's very warm without being bulky. 

Coat: here | Shirt: here | Jeans: here | Booties: here

No comments:

Post a Comment