Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Wednesday Shift






We're grinding through the work week in anticipation of the Thanksgiving holiday next week?!? How did that happen? How is it late November? Thanksgiving is next Thursday! I'm not sure where the time goes, but it goes. Our work schedules have been pretty demanding lately so I'm hoping next week we can enjoy some time off and with my family in North Carolina. It'll be the first Thanksgiving my husband has spent with my family and our first as a married couple! 

In the midst of a hectic work load, preparing for the upcoming holiday season (which if you look around DC seems to have started in full force since just before Halloween), I've been enjoying easy, no-fuss, and comfortable outfits. Comfort has always key and seems to be growing in importance as I get older, and certainly tops my wishlist on the mornings I know I'm going to be working late. 

Enter this shift dress. I've mentioned before that I'm not always the biggest fan of shift dresses because I don't believe they provide enough definition without an accentuated waist. Yet, I pick them up occasionally because for whatever reason, they always seem to come in the best colors and patterns. This dress is no exception. I couldn't pass up a dark green work dress - again. I made that mistake once years ago and I've regretted it ever since. I didn't know it was possible to have such retail regret (or whatever the opposite of buyer's remorse is), but it is. And, I've vowed never to let another dark green work dress pass me by. So, I pre-ordered (on sale!) this dress and it finally arrived last week. I wore it to work the very next day. And it's on repeat today. And I'm tempted to purchase it black. It's just so easy to wear, the 3/4 length sleeves are the best things known to man, and I think the curved detail at the hemline adds some nice interest. Plus, it does seem to have a little bit of tailoring at the waist to make me feel like I'm not wearing a green paper sack. But, even if I do look like that, I'll continue to wear it because I think it's just that awesome. 

Dress: here | Tights:* here | Boots: old, similar here | Necklace: old, similar here , prettier here | Booties: old, similar here

*I love hue brand tights - they're super opaque, very warm, and I'm pretty sure they're as close to indestructible as a pair of tights can get. I have always picked them up in store at Nordstrom Rack, but they are currently on sale at Nordstrom for the same price I generally find at Rack (+ free shipping, no minimum).

No comments:

Post a Comment