Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Anything Anywhere





This top and vest combo has become my go to for any occasion lately. I stumbled on it a few weeks ago when I was throwing something together for my birthday dinner with the husband in early November. The night was a little chilly, but I didn't want to pull out a coat, so I figured what the heck - I'll try my favorite shirt with my favorite vest. It was a winner in my opinion and I've reached for the combo again and again since. 

I've worn the top and vest to work with dress pants. It's worked for sight seeing and weekend adventures when paired with flats (as pictured here at the National Portrait Gallery), for grabbing drinks with a friend, and for date night when paired with heels or wedges. I've also played around with my accessories to change the look up a bit. 

This shirt was originally a dress that I had made into a shirt (it was originally a dropped waist dress so they moved up the waistline with the ruffles instead of simply chopping them off). See how I've worn it before here. I've styled this vest for the office here. For some reason (probably because our photography and editing skills need improvement), it always photographs more neon than it actually is. Don't get me wrong - it's definitely bright, but not quite so neon. 

See another dress I turned into a shirt here. I've found that if I get the dress on sale and I love the color, pattern, or style it's well worth it to me to spend a little extra to have it altered.  

Here's to a short work week!

Vest: here | Jeans: old, Joe's via Marshall's | Shoes: old, but identical here


No comments:

Post a Comment