Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Corporate Casual Remix - JCrew Excusrion Vest

You've probably realized by now that I regularly wear the same pieces casually and remix them for the office. So, I thought I'd design a new series to show you exactly how I wear an item both casually and professionally. I'm kicking off the series with a vest that I think is decidedly more casual.

I've tried on this JCrew Excursion vest dozens of times and always passed because I didn't think it fit well. But, I just couldn't give up on it so I ordered it during one of the recent promotions and once I had it home and on for a little while, I realized it became more tailored and a better fit - less puffy, I guess. I also prefer wearing it with the collar folded down. It's still a little shorter than I'd like, but it's just too good to pass up. Maybe JCrew will release a tall vest next year!

The benefit of the shorter length is that it pairs perfectly with dresses (I'm always sensitive to proportions with dresses and skirts) and longer tops. 

Casually, I've paired it with a chambray shirt dress and cognac booties. 


Vest: here | Dress: here | Booties: here | Necklace: here

For the office, I paired it with a traditional white dress shirt and grey dress pants. I've been mixing gold and grey a lot lately; it's a combo I really love!



I've totally gone from zero to sixty when it comes to vests. They're a lightweight piece that keep me super warm while sitting at the desk.

Vest: here | Top: here | Pants: here | Necklace: here | Shoes: old, similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment